Sunday, March 11, 2012

Batwoman, Animal Man, and a Mystery Woman?

Hello, everyone who is reading this blog post. Now in this blog, I'm going to be talking about two comic books that I've been reading that are part of the DC reboot (see: DC Comics Reboot. UGH!!!). These comics are so far, the best ones since DC's reboot. Today, I'm going to talk to you about Batwoman and Animal Man.

I'll talk about Batwoman first. This comic is about a woman named Katherine who when she was younger, a psychopath killed her mother and made her twin sister disappear. When she got older, Katherine went into the military but is later expelled due to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Katherine later became Batwoman and found out that her sister was alive, but became a criminal named Alice. Batwoman found Alice holding their father hostage and Alice later accidentally fell off the plane and drowned in Gotham Harbor. Katherine continues to be Batwoman and is currently trying to save children who have been abducted by a organization called "Medusa." One of my favorite things about this comic is the artwork. Here's what Batwoman looks like:


Now for Animal Man. This comic is about a man named Buddy who has the ability to take the adaptations of an animal, like the bark a dog, punching with the strength of an elephant, flying like a bird, etc. Buddy finds out that his daughter, Maxine, is the avatar for this place called "The Red," and he has to protect her from these hunters who want her to become evil (did I mention that Maxine is only four years old?). This is an awesome, yet very weird, comic. Here are some pictures to show you how weird this comic is.


This is one heck of a comic and it one of my new favorite comic series from DC.

Speaking of DC, ever since the new reboot I've been noticing this really mysterious woman who is in the first issue of every New 52 issue. Don't believe me? Look at these pictures (I've circled her in red):
~Animal Man #1
~Catwoman #1 (Why she's in a strip club, I have no idea)
~Red Hood and The Outlaws #1 (gags)
~Batwoman #1
~Wonder Woman #1
~Teen Titans #1 (I didn't really need to circle her in that one)
~Justice League #1

Comic book stalker much? So, it looks like this girl is the new "Where's Waldo." Well, that's all for now folks. Please feel free to give me comic book selections and I'll try my best to try and read them. See ya'.


No comments:

Post a Comment