Monday, May 21, 2012

The Killing Joke, Suicide Squad, and Supergirl

Hello, everyone! So, as you can see, today I'm going to be talking about Supergirl, The Killing Joke, and Suicide Squad. I've just recently read all of these and so far, the one I've been most disappointed in has been Supergirl, which I'm going to talk about right now.

So, in this comic, DC has rebooted Kara completely. Now, I know what you're thinking. You're probably thinking, "Well, this comic has been out since last year. Why is she just now reading this?" Well, to answer your question, I really needed some more comics to buy and that was the first one that I saw. Anyways, back to the review. This comic really confused me on the first issue because it shows Kara coming out of her rocket and wearing her New 52 Supergirl outfit (It also shows Superman wearing his new costume, too), but she thinks that her parents are still alive. I thought that Kypton was just about to explode when her parents loaded her in the rocket to Earth. Did she hit her head or something? How can she not remember that? If you've read the series, please help me out here! Oh, and here's the cover:


Okay, now for Suicide Squad. I guess that I was kind of wrong on the new Harley Quinn (see DC Comics Reboot. UGH!!!). Apparently, she's still the same fun-loving, wacky, and insane Harley as before, but without Joker, and she has a skanky outfit. I really enjoyed this comic and now I know that I shouldn't judge a book, or comic, by its cover. Speaking of covers, here's the Suicide Squad's:


Another comic that I've just recently read was The Killing Joke, which I LOVED! So, for those of you who haven't read this Batman classic, it's basically explaining how Joker became the Joker and how Babs got in her wheelchair. I thought that it was really neat, but there where some parts that I also thought were pretty disturbing. This is officially one of my new favorite comics of all time. R.I.P. Joker. Here's the cover of The Killing Joke:

Well, that's all I have for today. Please, please, PLEASE comment, subscribe, follow, and/or send me comic suggestions. Got to go now. Have a great week!

~The Comic Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment