Saturday, May 5, 2012

It's Free Comic Book Day!!!!

Happy Free Comic Book Day, everyone! I hope you all got totally awesome comics today. So today, I'm going to talk about that mystery woman again (see Batwoman, Animal Man, and a Mystery Woman?), Mouse Guard, and the new Avengers movie.

So, while my dad and I where at one of the comic shops close to use, my dad spotted this:


Now the first thing I noticed was the hooded woman holding the gun and I immediately thought, "Hey, that looks like the woman in all of the New 52 first issues." So I start reading it and I find out that it is the same woman! The best part is that the ENTIRE first half of the comic is all about her! Apparently, her name is Pandora and she is being punished by this group of wizards because she opened a box. Sound familiar? I honestly can't wait to find out more about Pandora and what she is going to do in the future.

Another comic that I got was Mouse Guard. Until I saw this on the "Free Comics" table, I've never seen a Free Comic Book Day comic as a hard back. Here's what the cover looks like:


This comic has six separate stories in it. Though, the main one I was interested in was Labyrinth. It's still the same characters as in the movie (you know, the one with David Bowie in it?). Anyways, it's about a little worm helping Hoggle find a friend, so he tells Hoggle to go down to Goblin City to tell the giant metal guard something (I'm not going to say what, though. You'll have to read it.).

And finally to top off Free Comic Book Day, my dad and I went to go see this:


I just have two words to describe this movie:  FREAKING AWESOME!!!! I am a big Joss Whedon fan. I have seen almost every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and he did one heck of a job directing this movie. The actors were well picked, they finally got a decent Bruce Banner, the movie was hilarious, and it was action-packed. I think that this movie is defiantly a must-see. If you do go see it, make sure you keep watching it until AFTER the credits. Lets just say that they give you an idea about the next Avengers movie.

Well, that's all the blogging that I'm going to do today. Please feel free to comment, subscribe, and send me suggestions about comics. I'll try my best to keep you guys updated every week!

~The Comic Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment